Professor Christopher Hammondchris.hammond[at]kcl.ac.uk Visit KCL Profile
Chris started to work with TwinsUK in 1997 so has been a twin researcher for over 20 years! His research focuses on common eye diseases such as glaucoma, myopia, dry eye disease and age-related cataract.
Chris has been the Frost Professor of Ophthalmology at King’s College London and a Consultant Ophthalmologist (specialising in paediatric ophthalmology and squint surgery) at St Thomas’ Hospital since 2011.
He has led international studies finding genes that are involved in eye diseases, and is one of the leading scientists in this field, with ground-breaking research showing that many of these age-related diseases have an important genetic basis.
- Maria Bell (Operations Assistant) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professor Omar Mahroo (Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer) - email@example.com
- Cynthia Yu Wai Man (Senior Clinical Lecturer and MRC Clinician Scientist) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katie Williams (Chadburn Clinical Lecturer in Ophthalmology) - email@example.com
- Diana Kozareva (Research Assistant) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zak Jarrar (PhD student) - email@example.com