In 2009 we established the twin Volunteer Advisory Panel (VAP) to ensure that we take the opinions and views of our volunteers on board during the development and running of research programmes at TwinsUK.
The VAP consists of minimum 12 members who meeting twice a year, and a minimum further 12 members from across the United Kingdom who correspond by email and phone only.
Members include identical and non-identical twins and male and female twins of different ages. Only one twin in a pair can be on the panel at any one time. Membership lasts for three years.
The 2022-2025 panel is currently sitting. The group is co-chaired by Paz García, Programme Manager at TwinsUK, and Dr Lynn Cherkas.
What does the VAP do?
- Advising on new research protocols and providing input into new grant proposals
- Piloting our questionnaires
- Reviewing newsletters, recruitment information and information sheets
- Discussing ethical issues
- Providing advice on how to engage members of TwinsUK in our research and engagement programme